PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BELOW...
All staff will work with or around our campers and PA state law requires that all employees and volunteers are properly screened and/or obtain background history clearances. Minors require outstanding references and adults 18+ must acquire background clearances at own expense prior to working with us at camp.
Background Checks (Paid Employees)
ALL PAID STAFF MUST SEND COPIES OF THESE CLEARANCES BY MAY 9TH. SOME CLEARANCES CAN TAKE A FEW WEEKS SO BEGIN THIS PROCESS ASAP. CLEARANCES MUST BE UP TO DATE WITH AN EXPIRATION DATE VALID THROUGH OUT THE ENTIRE DURATION OF CAMP.
1. Child Abuse History Clearance
2. Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release
3. Criminal History Clearance
Shekinah Ranch can process this through our Camp Insurance for employees at the cost of $15.00 OR you may have it done by another agency. Please contact the camp office for more details.
4. FBI Fingerprinting Clearance (this is NOT the same as a fingerprint card)
5. CPR & First-Aid Certifications
Additional/Detailed Information and Instructions:
The Department of Human Services partners with IdentoGO to process fingerprint based FBI record checks. The Fingerprint based background check is a multiple step process. The Department's website https://www.identogo.com/, provides detailed information regarding the application process as outlined below.
2. The applicant will pay a fee for the fingerprinting service,and to secure their record.
3. The applicant will then proceed to amn IdentoGO fingerprinting location. MAKE SURE TO CONFIRM THEY WILL BE SENDING THE RESULTS TO YOUR HOME ADDRESS!
- Locations and hours for these sites can be found on the website.
- The applicant will need to present an approved type of photo identification. Approved types of ID include a current, valid and unexpired picture identification document. As a primary form of picture identification, a state-issued driver's license may be presented by an applicant when being fingerprinted.
4. After the process is complete, the applicant's scanned fingerprints will be electronically transmitted, and in turn submitted to the FBI.
5. ChildLine will receive the completed federal criminal history record check from the FBI and will interpret the results to determine in the individual has been convicted of a crime that is equivalent to a prohibitive hire as outlined in *6344 of the Child Protective Services Law.
6. ChildLine will forward a letter to the applicant with the results of the FBI criminal record check. This letter is the FBI clearance
7. SEND SHEKINAH RANCH A COPY, you keep original for your records.