PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BELOW...
All staff will work with or around our campers and PA state law requires that all employees and volunteers are properly screened and/or obtain background history clearances. Minors require outstanding references and adults 18+ must acquire background clearances at own expense prior to working with us at camp.
Background Checks (Paid Employees / 18yrs and older only)
ALL PAID STAFF MUST SEND COPIES OF THESE CLEARANCES PRIOR TO START OF CAMP. SOME CLEARANCES CAN TAKE A FEW WEEKS SO BEGIN THIS PROCESS ASAP. CLEARANCES SHALL BE NO MORE THAN ONE (1) YEAR OLD AT THE TIME OF EMPLOYMENT AT SHEKINAH RANCH.
PA RESIDENTS ONLY:
(non-residents see below)
1. PA Child Abuse History Clearance & Instruction Notes:
Click link below, Print out all pages, Follow instructions at top of form, Fill out personal info, Check the box "Child Care" for "Purpose of Clearance", complete form and send in both pages with $10 money order. Processing can take many weeks so complete ASAP.
Act 151 - PA Child Abuse History (download, complete, & mail)
2. PA Criminal History Clearance Instruction Notes:
Click link below, follow link for "Online Request", Select "Submit a New Record Check", scroll down and select "Accept", Your "Reason for Request" is "Employment", Fill form out completely and pay $10 fee, Print out 2 record reports, Keep one for your records and send one to Shekinah Ranch.
Act 34 - PA Criminal History (complete online or by mail)
3. FBI Clearance & Instruction Notes:
Click link below, choose "Register Online" on Right side, Fill out form and pay, leave agency info blank, Print out registration ID/Receipt of payment, Click on link below again, click on "Print Locations & Hours", find a print location near you, contact location to check hours of operation, Take receipt and state driver's license to location for fingerprinting. You will receive your record report in about 1 week. Keep original and send Shekinah Ranch a copy of your report.
FBI Federal Background Check
(complete online & finger print appt.)
Additional/Detailed Information and Instructions:
The Department of Public Welfare contracts with Cogent Systems to process fingerprint based FBI record checks. The Fingerprint based background check is a multiple step process. The Department's website www.pa.cogentid.com/index_dpw.htm, provides detailed information regarding the application process as outlined below.
1. The applicant must first register with Cogent through the website, www.pa.cogentid.com/index_dpw.htm, or by calling 1-888-439-2486.
2. The applicant will pay a $36.00 fee for the fingerprint service and to secure their criminal history record. No cash transactions or personal checks are allowed.
3. The applicant will then proceed to a fingerprint site.
- Locations and hours for these sites can be found on the website by selecting "Print Locations and Hours" under "Print Site Locations".
- The applicant will need to present an approved type of photo identification. Approved types of ID include a current, valid and unexpired picture identification document. As a primary form of picture identification, a state-issued driver's license may be presented by an applicant when being fingerprinted.
4. After the process is complete, the applicant's scanned fingerprints will be electronically transmitted to the Pennsylvania State Police, who in turn submit the fingerprints and demographic information to the FBI.
5. ChildLine will receive the completed federal criminal history record check from the FBI and will interpret the results to determine in the individual has been convicted of a crime that is equivalent to a prohibitive hire as outlined in *6344 of the Child Protective Services Law.
6. ChildLine will forward a letter to the applicant with the results of the FBI criminal record check. This letter is the FBI clearance
7. SEND SHEKINAH RANCH A COPY, you keep original for your records. Valid for 1 year.
NON PA RESIDENTS: Inquire with us first
(Background checks vary by state)
Non-Residents must contact their state police and complete their criminal history check. Also contact your state's dept of public welfare (names may vary by state) and complete your state's child abuse history clearance.
Finally, you will click on the link above for FBI Federal Background Check, complete process based on instructions above and bring registration receipt with you when you come to work for us. We will process your fingerprints as soon as you arrive in PA.